help to generate csv from compare/inspect

Discuss Leica Cyclone 3DR software here.
npara
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Scott Nelson
Company Details: Nelson Parametrics Inc
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

help to generate csv from compare/inspect

Post by npara »

Hi,

I think what I want to do is perhaps not possible but it would be great if I could. I have a vertical line and a vertical planar crossection. I create an inspect/compare and it generates a display showing changing dimensions between the section and the vertical line. It frames the min/max values and if I query the properties of the section I see that it has approx. 12k points.

Now, if you zoom in on the graph output of the compare inspect then 3dr keeps updating the numbers as you zoom in showing denser data.

What I want to do, is take all of these measurments and export them to a csv file. I have a numerical analysis to perform between multiple compare/inspects and so this would be a very useful way to do it. I've seen examples of tunnel cross-section where you then create a table and export that to csv but I can find no similar workflow for a compare inspect the way I'm doing it.

Thanks,
gilles_3DR
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Gilles Monnier
Company Details: Hexagon
Company Position Title: 3DR Technical Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: help to generate csv from compare/inspect

Post by gilles_3DR »

Hi Scott,
my proposal to get all deviations from an inspected multiline is to use scripting.

There is actually a function named GetDeviations() on Multiline objects.

Here is a short snippet explaining how to retrieve the deviations
-----------------------------
var thePol = SMultiline.FromName("Compare Polyline 2 / Polyline 1")[0]; // retrieves the inspected multiline to export
var allDev = thePol.GetDeviations().ValueTbl; // gets the deviations in a table
-----------------------------

In order to save data to CSV format, we have included some examples in our documentation center. Mine is installed here:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/3DReshaper_18.1_x64/addons/Help/_save_s_label.html

Return to “Leica Cyclone 3DR”