Texture mesh from spherical photo

Discuss Leica Cyclone 3DR software here.
b_clive
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Full Name: Clive Bugeja
Company Details: ARC International Surveyors Ltd.
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Texture mesh from spherical photo

Post by b_clive »

Dear all,

I am currently working on a project where I need to produce some orthophotos of some internal facades of a church. I am trying to use the new cyclone 3dr and as for the meshing, it works perfectly. I managed to produce an excellent mesh even though I'm still a rookie at this. The issues come when I try to texture the mesh from the scanner's photos (Using a BLK360). My issue is that whoever scanned the scenes didn't use HDR photos option and so I have burnt exposure photos in some areas. And I have a lot of scaffolding right next to my facades. The mesh texture is coming all messed up cause of this. I am looking for a workaround if any ;). Maybe I can use a part of the spherical photo only to mesh one part of the mesh?

Thanks in advance
Yannick_Cyclone3DR
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Yannick Stenger
Company Details: HEXAGON
Company Position Title: Product Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Texture mesh from spherical photo

Post by Yannick_Cyclone3DR »

Hi b_clive,

You don't have to texture the mesh with all the BLK360 photos in one unique step. You can indeed start the texturing workflow using first only the good spherical photos [Select the mesh, the good photos and launch Texturing > Texture from images].

If you're not satisfied with some parts of the texturing, you can remove or edit them with the Adjust Texture command [Select the textured mesh and launch Texturing > Adjust Texture]. There are many options in this command that will allow you to remove some parts from one photo, from all the photos, to texture the empty parts or even update parts with other photos.

After quitting the tool, you can texture again with new photos and you would probably want to check the option "preserve existing textures" not to remove the good job that you could have done previously.

It is also possible to import a photo taken from another device. You will have to select it and to launch Estimate pose before texturing.

I hope that is helpful.

Yannick
b_clive
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Post by b_clive »

Hi Yannick,

Thanks for the reply. It seems that while using this procedure one needs to explode by texture after every single photo texture. Meaning that after a part of a mesh is textured with a particular photo, then i need to explode the mesh by texture and continue to the next photo. The 'preserve existing texture feature doesn't seem to really work for cause when im texturing for the new photo somehow it also textures from the previous one even though it is not selected. :/
Yannick_Cyclone3DR
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts

Following your reply, I did some tests and we're having a bug concerning the "Preserve existing texture" feature. Let us investigate this issue and resolve it as soon as we can. Thank you for sharing your experience. We really appreciate such feedbacks.

Regards,

Yannick
b_clive
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Post by b_clive »

Hi Yannick,

I would really need some help getting this texture done to some acceptance degree since I am not quite happy with what I've done so far. I'm uploading the 3dr file for you to have a look at and let me know what you think and what I am possibly doing wrong. I just ned an email address where to send the files since its like 4gb of data. Or maybe this link will help.
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... q8pBkmlHyV
Yannick_Cyclone3DR
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts

Hi,

I'm downloading your data. My mail is [email protected] if you want to continue the conversation.

Yannick

Return to “Leica Cyclone 3DR”