3D Desktop Scanner

Dot Product DPI-8X, 3D3 HDI, ATOS, Breuckmann & DAVID etc.
cinek84
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Marcin
Company Details: PPC
Company Position Title: Manufacturing Manager
Skype Name: marcin-dublin
Linkedin Profile: Yes

3D Desktop Scanner

Post by cinek84 »

Hi All,
I am new on this forum so 'hello' to everyone.
I would like to also say 'Thank You' to admin for starting the laser scanning forum as I was unsuccessful in this field on other forums. I am also not too sure is this is the right place for this topic.
I hope one of you lads will be able to help me with my query:
I am looking for alternative machine to Renishaw Cyclone 2 Series, reverse engineering probe scanner. This machine is accurate to 0.00001mm(too accurate for my needs) and was discontinued few years ago. There is few of them on the market varying in price between €7K-€15K. I want to avoid buying this machine as later on this could be down to expensive spare parts.
I am looking for scanner(brand new or second hand) capable of measure small industrial parts produced on the CNC machines. The parts are usually up to Ø25mm in diameter and 50mm in height if round, and 25mm x 40mm by 70mm height if produced on the milling machines. The critical geometry is the top profile on these parts. This profile is usually 3mm-15mm deep max. the rest of the component can be measured with micrometer.
Some of the parts are produced to the drawing and some of the as reverse engineering.
The scan need to be accurate to 0.02mm so when I overlay the scanned output on to original drawing there should be no more than 0.02mm difference. This also depend on produced component. So if component profile will change by 0.02mm I need to be able to caught this.
I will appreciate any help. I can send a sample drawing and parts if required.
Regards
Marcin
Matt Young
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Full Name: Matt Young
Company Details: Baker Hicks
Company Position Title: CAD-BIM Lead
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: 3D Desktop Scanner

Post by Matt Young »

Hi Marcin,

Welcome to the forum :D

I am sure you have come to the right place, and I am also sure that there will be a metrology expert or two that can help with your enquiry.
If you don't see that there is nothing, then you are kidding yourself.

Return to “Structured Light Scanners”