Nodal Ninja jpg management tool download

Discuss and upload any tools here for other members to use.
richard_m
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Richard Merrin
Company Details: Fugro
Company Position Title: Data Processor _ Project Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Nodal Ninja jpg management tool download

Post by richard_m »

Hi all,

for anyone who is getting tired of having to copy 7(?) jpegs from a folder of hundreds into a new folder for every scan here's a tool that might help. We're starting a project running 6 Ninjas so I've lashed this little app together to help with the 1500 or so jpegs the guys on site will generate every day for the next few months.

What this app does:

- Reads the contents of a folder full of jpg files
- Accepts input from the user as to how many scans correspond and what they're called.
- Accepts input from the user as to how many jpgs are required per scan
- Works out the number of scans, counts the jpgs and divides this number by the jpgs/scan number as a data check.
- If the data checks out the it makes a new folder per scan (in the user defined location) with the correct number of jpgs copied into it.

I've shared this as a standalone .exe file as I need beta-testers to confirm this works, or doesn't..

By all means use this program as Shareware but be advised I cannot accept any liability for it and do not guarantee support (but I will try..).

PLEASE give me feedback!!!! Good or bad.

Hope this can be of use, basic instructions included in the .zip, download from here:

https://app.box.com/s/nprpx3agcpu9bnglmll9

Richard
richard_m
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Richard Merrin
Company Details: Fugro
Company Position Title: Data Processor _ Project Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Nodal Ninja jpg management tool download

Post by richard_m »

Yay, I have some feedback, just not from this site, infact I'm not sure why I'm bothering but here goes.

Inputing your choice of "jpegs per scan" number was pointless as it was left hard-coded as 7 from a development version, :roll: This is now fixed and reuploaded as v5.1

Download here:
https://app.box.com/s/z6jsf7cu6z2lacfu1vuj

Generally it seems that some people need the folders containing the jpegs to be named exactly the same as their scans, depending on the naming convention used this is not always possible. I've just seen "fileboss" software used to rename the new folders to the desired exact name in the space of 10 seconds so I'm reluctant to spend my Sunday recoding this. We generally work from SW1 onwards which is fine but we also have a B10008001 to B10008018 series which raises an error, I simply entered this as "001,018" and it worked, I could add the prefix B10008 with fileboss etc..

Richard.

Return to “AutoLisp, DIESEL, Dynamo, VBA, Python & .Net Tools”